IT Consultant and Student Banner Lead with 10 years of technical and 20 years of professional level experience in higher education. Seventeen years experience with SunGard Student Information System and four years experience with SunGard Banner Information System. Dedicated, thorough and responsible solution-minded team player. Experience with technical and functional requirements of a student records conversion project.
Consulting Company One
Principal Student and AR Consultant
June 2007 to June 2013
Served Eleven client Universities and Colleges. Various project task and key contributions include:
Served as Interim Registrar for Winston Salem State University to support day-to-day operations and manage the Registrars office functions using SunGard Banner Product
- Project Manager for Managed Services projects at six institutions.
- Principal Banner functional consultant for clients in Student, AR, Admissions and Recruitment modules.
- Advised Colleges with their AR and Fee Assessment issues and provided go-live support and training.
- Worked with functional users and development teams to build software for automating repeat processing and other online applications currently in production.
- Worked as Project Manager for Banner-TMS Interface. Worked with functional users of the University, TMS and outside technical resources to build AR interfaces for Installment, Payment Plan and Online Payment systems.
- Designed several Workflows by working with university staff and other technical staff.
- Helped with AR Conversion needs, resolving issues with Finance implementation
- Worked with technical teams to help clients with Banner conversion, implementation and training needs
- Trained clients with Banner functional and navigational concepts.
- Performed Business Process Analysis and Assessment of Banner systems
Functional Consultant and Interim Registrar
December 2010 – September 2012
- Served as Interim Registrar for University to support day-to-day operations and manage the Registrar’s office functions using SunGard Banner Product
- Supervised Registrar’s Office staff
- Served as the functional consultant in the Student, AR, Admissions and Recruitment modules
- Worked with technical teams to help with implementing and testing upgrades, reports, mock registration, registration setup and resolved issues with the end-of-term process.
- Trained office staff with functional and navigational steps.
- Assisted with clearing graduates, setup and automated some of the graduation steps
- Prepared day-to-day processes documentation
- Performed Business Process Analysis and Assessment of the Registrar’s Office day-to-day processes
- Implemented and test CAPP with documentation
- Wrote reports using WebFocus
- Provided consultant services to support CAPP implementation, training and support.
- Setup University’s SSB, INB and catalog information for Banner 7 CAPP modules and worked with technical teams to migrate this information to Banner 8 instance.
- Provided post-production support and go-live support.
- Worked with technical resources to build reports, interfaces and applications to support repeat process automation.
- Created test plans, use cases and user acceptance tests to support the project execution and go-live.
- Worked closely with University Provost and Registrar to ensure compliance and accuracy.
Banner Student Technical and Functional Consultant
April 2007-June 2007
- Provided consultant services to move student and AR data into Production.
- Assisted with process re-engineering and gap analysis.
- Mapped their Legacy tables to Banner tables using conversion toolkit and converted data into student and AR tables.
- Wrote some PL/SQL scripts to load financial transactions into the campus ID Card system.
Banner Student Implementation Lead
February 2007- March 2007
- Consult with Registrar for accuracy of data, suggest data entry standards, verify changes, resolve different requirements for systems and suggest validation codes.
- Discussion with Registrar regarding updates and changes in CAPP.
- Wrote some SQL scripts to check data integrity.
- Wrote several SQL scripts for letter generation and population selection requirements.
- Setup WorkFlow Alerts for Registration/Advising Alerts, Graduation alerts by using Banner WorkFlow module.
SunGard Higher Ed
Senior Banner Consultant
April 2006 – December 2006
As consultant at SGHE specialized in the training, consulting, and implementation of Banner for integration of student records information at higher education institutions, maximizes the flexibility of the Banner Series. Trained and Certified with Banner WorkFlow module.
- Responsible for interfacing with client administration, programming and technical staff, in matters of conversion, to ensure a smooth transition to Banner Student.
- Provide hands-on training of the Banner Student system to all team members and selected staff.
- Consults with institutions on policy and procedural matters to ensure maximum results from their new student system.
- Responsible for working closely with the Business Process Analysis process in the preparation for client implementation of Banner.
- Responsible for building rules, populating tables and making recommendations on Banner implementations.
- Review procedures with long-term SunGard Higher Education clients to ensure maximum usage of Banner capabilities after system upgrades.
- Develop presentations and training materials as needed for clients with specialized needs.
- Wrote documentation and procedure guides in conjunction with or for clients.
- Troubleshoot when a Banner process is not working properly at a client site—find the problem and offer solutions.
Main Areas of Expertise:
- General Person/Student
- Student System Overview
- Accounts Receivable
- Fee Assessments
- Finance Module (AP, AR, Purchasing and GL)
- Self Service Student
- Academic History
- Self Service Faculty & Advisors
- Transfer Articulation